A 27-year-old Granada woman is among victims of Italy quake
The Spanish foreign office has confirmed that a young woman from Granada province was killed in Wednesday’s Italian earthquake, according to a close family member of the victim.
Ana Huete, 27, lived in Granada, where she ran a pizza restaurant with her Italian boyfriend. Both had recently set up home together in the city’s Albaicín and had been together for about four years, reports said.
Ana was apparently on holiday in Italy, visiting her partner’s relatives and was staying in the village of Illica in the earthquake area. Her boyfriend survived and identified her body. He had been on the first floor of the property at the time the quake hit while Ana was downstairs.
Ana’s family were due to travel today (Friday)to Italy, relatives told the newspaper Ideal. The family were said to be disappointed that, despite good consular assistance, they would have to pay for repatriating their daughter’s body to Spain at such a distressing time.
Message of Spanish support
Spain’s King Felipe has sent a message of condolence to the Italian people. In it he said that he “shared the pain of Italians and sent his deepest sympathy as well as that of the government and the Spanish people”.
Over 250 people have died in the quake.source surinenglish